The FIELD AGENT position will focus on business development, and selling service solutions, including: voice, data, hosted, premise based PBXs and a unique new cloud based voice continuity offering. The position will include new business acquisition as well as closing new business within an assigned customer base. The FIELD AGENT will be working with and selling to C level officers, company executives, business owners and IT leads.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Engage, present and propose to prospective customers while understanding their business needs /requirements.
– Manage activities to effectively balance selling time and daily calendar to ensure sufficient sales activity.
– Adhere to current policies, procedures and programs, and demonstrate company values at all times.
– Utilize quote generation, CRM and order management systems as part of the sales process.
– Maintain and grow assigned existing customer revenue stream across all product lines.
– Responsible for funnel development and pipeline management of sales opportunities.
– Travel as required throughout the territory for the position and company needs.
– Generate revenue through canvassing efforts of new and existing customers.
– Establish new business contacts through a variety of prospecting activities.
– Identify key decision makers and the customer’s budgetary process.
– Must be able to set goals and a plan on how to accomplish them.
– Strong time management and prioritization skills. Independent work ethic and ability to build a robust pipeline and drive to over achieve quota.
– Experience selling a combination of the following: Voice / Data Services, IP based PBX solutions, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery.
– Excellent listening/verbal/writing skills with the ability to speak masterfully and with confidence to a group of business professionals.
– 5+ years of strategic telecom account management and consultative business-to-business outside sales experience.
– Strong PC skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web based apps.
– Verifiable track record of achievement in selling multiple products to medium size businesses.
– Willingness to learn and display confidence in a high energy and fast paced work environment.
– Experience prospecting new business and be an effective B2B networker.
– Existing C-Level contacts.